Thursday, May 2, 2013

Teaching A Business Centered Project With Adobe Media Tools In A Flipped Classroom


Recently I began a unit in which students needed to conceptualize themselves as the creators of their own
web design/graphic design business with multiple project outcomes such as a logo in illustrator, business card with Photoshop but using the logo,a brochure with the same designs and finally a webpage.. The first goal was to have component of the projects drawn out on a piece of paper before the students decided to design it with software. I wanted students to conceptualize without graphic software. I felt this would force them to adjust their approaches with the available tools and also force me as an instructor to help with a more wide selection of tools.

Once this was done I asked students to use their cell phones to photograph their drawing and email it to themselves and then enter it as a template into the design software.

No comments:

Post a Comment